P25 Article in Sept '08 QST

Forum for the promotion and understanding of digital voice on the amateur bands.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

JAYMZ
gangster of love

P25 Article in Sept '08 QST

Post by JAYMZ »

Pretty good "quickie" of an article as an intro to using a P25 radio for amateur use written by Mike Kionka. This site also got a nod near the end of the article and the "place to go" for information on the Moto P25 stuff.

Anyone else get a read on it?
JAYMZ

"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." -- Alan Cohen.
escomm
professor of rectalingus

Re: P25 Article in Sept '08 QST

Post by escomm »

no but i'd think going to batlabs for info on P25 would be a much better resource

no offense to anyone here

but there's what, maybe 15 regular posters here with the astro?
I'd hit it so hard you'd have to be to King of England to pull me out
va3wxm
98247E-011480-1

Post by va3wxm »

I read the article too. Definitely a good "primer" on what it's all about. He seemed to dwell a bit on NAC though.

Not nearly as comprehensive as, say, r0f's guide but then most OF's have no clue what P25 is.
JAYMZ
gangster of love

Post by JAYMZ »

escomm wrote:no but i'd think going to batlabs for info on P25 would be a much better resource

no offense to anyone here

but there's what, maybe 15 regular posters here with the astro?
I'm a douche.. mistyped a bit... I meant to turn "This site" into a link to Batlabs. </shrug>

It's nothing like Shaun's primer at all... although I wouldn't call Shaun's thing a primer. Shaun's doc was a comprehensive walk through of the entire Motorola digital line. And it is way beyond what QST could/would cover. This article was more of a peephole view of the public safety digital mode and the fact that is can be used for amateur radio ops.
JAYMZ

"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." -- Alan Cohen.
mancow
Moderator - Dayton 2007 Supporter

Post by mancow »

agreed
RayRay wrote:Probably more than that...

Although I think you'd get a better welcome here than at batlabs.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

escomm wrote:no but i'd think going to batlabs for info on P25 would be a much better resource

With batlabs.....there's what, maybe 15 regular posers there with the astro?
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day
JAYMZ
gangster of love

Post by JAYMZ »

mancow wrote:agreed
RayRay wrote:Probably more than that...

Although I think you'd get a better welcome here than at batlabs.
+1

Batlabs has become very very elitist. If you aren't in the circle... you are worthless. Either way, its a website.. and some of the administration takes it WAY too seriously. And who have been the contributers over there? And where did they go? I think batdude and akardam were the last real contributers over there at all. There is a lot of "look at me" going on, which is worthless.
JAYMZ

Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

Well I can say I PMed the "capt" a question and never heard back from him, oh well :baby:
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

As much as I dislike starting shit in threads.. what's your beef with USPS money orders? That's, like, the most secure and bullshit-free method of paying for things bought over the internet.

I won't even touch the Batlabs attitude subject, except to say that I personally sell all of my stuff for what I paid for it or less, and I freely and openly share what little useful information I have to contribute.
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.