Wireline audio levels on P25 station

Forum for the promotion and understanding of digital voice on the amateur bands.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

K6ZRX
102480-000000-3

Wireline audio levels on P25 station

Post by K6ZRX »

Well, I'm new to the digital stuff, so I questions, and please go easy on me. We have been playing with a Quantar while waiting for our Daniels station. The Quant was just running as a stand alone mixed mode repeater, but now has to go back on the shelf as a spare for other services. The Daniels finally came and I have been playing with it. The station has wireline and E/M options installed. I have been working my way through all the jumper settings to get it working the way I want. The plan is to have the radio be a repeater and connected to a 4 wire E/M mux for remote use. I want the external PTT to override repeater audio and pass wireline, I think I can get that easily with the proper jumpers. RX works just fine with a relay to key the MUX. I get analog wireline audio to and from the station just fine. What I don't know is how to set the wireline audio levels for P25. All of our radio circuits currently run at -10dBm equals 60% deviation of the TX or RX. Do I program the station to run analog and make the adjustments, them put it back to digital? For now, this station will be digital only, but will need to be mixed mode later on. I have an Aeroflex 3920 and 3500A to do the job with.

Thanks,
Josh K6ZRX
"I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

52.620 - 114.8 St. Helena
927.525 - 173.8 Simulcast
927.400 - 192.8 Oat Hill
n0nxj
102480-000000-3

Re: Wireline audio levels on P25 station

Post by n0nxj »

K6ZRX wrote:Do I program the station to run analog and make the adjustments, them put it back to digital?
thats how I have done it, although I cant confirm or deny that its correct
-matt