Newbie help

Forum for the promotion and understanding of digital voice on the amateur bands.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

K2JLX
sarcastic twat

Post by K2JLX »

This is a direct substitute for the Motorola RIB programming box. It is not a clone of their RIB. With the correct original Motorola software (not supplied) and a suitable lead it will programme a minimum of the following hand portables & mobiles including: HT600, HT600E, HT800, LTS2000, LCS2000, P200, P210, P200, GP88, P110, GP300, GP320, GP340, GP350, GP360, GP380, GP620, GP640, GP660, GP680, GM600, GM300, GM350 & GM950.

Currently it will NOT programme the "Jedi" range - this includes the GP900, GM900, MTS2000 & MTS2100.

Please note that it is 100% pin-for-pin compatible with existing Motorola programming leads. It is powered by from 12v DC.

It plugs directly between PC and the radio. The MIB has 2 x 25w "D" sockets - one male and the other female. The female socket mates with your 25 way D serial port, and the male mates with the MIB-to-Radio lead. If your PC has the more popular 9 way serial socket then you will need the optional "LA" PC to MIB lead (See below).
Dave has a MIB, not a RIB.. Now I don't know what the M in MIB means, but it spells no programming for him. MIB! hah :baby: :baby:
Homophobe....... I'd hit it like a fucking screen door in a Goddamn tornado. When you get all old and sickly my round arsed friend, you will learn to take advantage of situations as they arise or do without. Does that make me a fag? Dunno.....don't care........but it means I am not going to do without....... -- FatherJack - 3/29/2012
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

escomm wrote:
tvsjr wrote:Unfortunately, you can't own weapons. Fortunately, neither can he. :wacker:
Shit, don't tell the Feds there's a .40 Sig Sauer and .357 S&W in the safe at my office

But a gun in the safe is like a check that's in the mail. useless.

BTW, since a lot of the Kali folks think they are free, how many new ARs can you buy with the features that they work best with?

P.S. A single shot AR does not count :baby:
tvsjr
Moderator - Dayton 2006/2007 Supporter

Post by tvsjr »

escomm wrote:
tvsjr wrote:Unfortunately, you can't own weapons. Fortunately, neither can he. :wacker:
Shit, don't tell the Feds there's a .40 Sig Sauer and .357 S&W in the safe at my office
Guns belong in a holster on your person, in your truck, or in the nightstand. Unless you're Seth, in which case they belong... err, any place you can find a flat spot to put one. :baby:
blugu64
102490-000000-1

Post by blugu64 »

Guys this is why I love this forum.
Radios: Check
Tea: Check
Guns: Check

What else is there in life?
(other then women)
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

tvsjr wrote: Guns belong in a holster on your person

Well I'm in bed, but the glock 22 is on top of one nightstand. It's my duty weapon that's loaded with a 20rd mag (15rd with a +5)

tvsjr wrote: Guns belong in your truck

My glock 17 (1st gen, pebble grip) is locked in the safe in the truck, complete with a 17 mag in place as well as eight 17rd and two 33rd mags.
tvsjr wrote: Guns belong in the nightstand

That's the resting place for the Brazilian 1917 45acp. Nothing says go away like a gun built in 1937

:baby:
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

Next to the bed- Glock 17 with a high intensity streamlight attached to the rail, very effective at blinding someone..

Under the bed- Mossberg 500 12 ga with mag extension

Other side of bed - AK shorty (welded on flash suppressor for 16in) with 75rd drum...(Wifes gun)
Q: What is red and orange and looks good on a politician?
A: FIRE!!

"Yea we eat grits in South Carolina, so what? You fools here eat that Skyline Chili junk. I'll keep the grits..."
escomm
professor of rectalingus

Post by escomm »

I make do with what I got
mr.syntrx
98247E-211491-4
Location: HI HI FINE BUSINESS OLD MAN THERE ON THE FINE BUSINESS HIHI QSL

Post by mr.syntrx »

tvsjr wrote:Guns belong in a holster on your person, in your truck, or in the nightstand. Unless you're Seth, in which case they belong... err, any place you can find a flat spot to put one. :baby:
Long gun belongs in the truck, the handgun still stays on your person.
KC9UZB
98247E-011480-1

Post by KC9UZB »

blugu64 wrote:Guys this is why I love this forum.

(other then women)
Women are in the NWS section. :baby:

Yeah I bought a RIB from a company here in the UK which apparently is a cut down version of the kosha Motorola RIB...

Sooooo, I've sold that PoS and when the guy gets into his fricken office I'll be ordering the real thing (or the next best thing to it).

*grumbles about Motorola while hugging his Saber*
mr.syntrx
98247E-211491-4
Location: HI HI FINE BUSINESS OLD MAN THERE ON THE FINE BUSINESS HIHI QSL

Post by mr.syntrx »

I don't understand cut down RIBs. It's not like the real thing even contains all that much in the way of electronics.
KC9UZB
98247E-011480-1

Post by KC9UZB »

mr.syntrx wrote:I don't understand cut down RIBs. It's not like the real thing even contains all that much in the way of electronics.
Me either mate. Here's the email I got from he guy:
Some dude wrote:Hi David,

The original MIB (grey plastic box) will probably NOT do the Astro Sabers.
We have never had any here to try, and the MIB is not a clone of Motorola's
RIB, and was designed before the Saber and Jedi were launched.

The MIB 2 which is a recent addition should do the Saber without a hiccup.
D'oh!
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

blugu64 wrote:Guys this is why I love this forum.

(other then women)
Women, of course.
Dr. Pepper (and I'm talking about the real, cane sugar stuff... I presume, being a Texas resident, you've sampled it before).
Large 4WD diesel trucks.
Not just guns, but concealed carry.
True friends who will save your ass when you need it, then crack on you about it for months.
Oh, and women.

:baby:
K2JLX
sarcastic twat

Post by K2JLX »

Some dude wrote:Hi David,

The original MIB (grey plastic box) will probably NOT do the Astro Sabers.
We have never had any here to try, and the MIB is not a clone of Motorola's
RIB, and was designed before the Saber and Jedi were launched.
Harr Harr, they haven't had the pleasure of tinkering with an Astro Saber. The question remains what does (M) IB mean.. that M is bugging me, its probably something simple too, don't tell me it just means Motorola (interface box).. thats just shitty.
Homophobe....... I'd hit it like a fucking screen door in a Goddamn tornado. When you get all old and sickly my round arsed friend, you will learn to take advantage of situations as they arise or do without. Does that make me a fag? Dunno.....don't care........but it means I am not going to do without....... -- FatherJack - 3/29/2012
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

Only thing I've used other than a RLN4008B is a Polaris PA-II, and it'd read/write Astros all day. Humorously enough, when it did finally start to croak it'd still program Astros but it wouldn't touch a M1225. Persnicketyness like that is why I said "fuck it" and shelled out the $$$ for the real thing.
tvsjr wrote:Dr. Pepper (and I'm talking about the real, cane sugar stuff... I presume, being a Texas resident, you've sampled it before).
Only one place I know of around here sells it, and it's down in freaking Rosharon. Seriously. Biggest city in the entire state, and I gotta drive 20 miles to get it. Yet I can get Jarritos and Mexican-bottled Coke at any number of locations within easy walking distance. :ve4uo:
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

motorola_otaku wrote:Only one place I know of around here sells it, and it's down in freaking Rosharon. Seriously. Biggest city in the entire state, and I gotta drive 20 miles to get it. Yet I can get Jarritos and Mexican-bottled Coke at any number of locations within easy walking distance. :ve4uo:
20 miles? Oh, waaaaah. Cry me a river. Closest place for us is Hico... about 100mi. In general, any traveler on the system making their way through a real-Dr-Pepper-stocking location is requested to make a systemwide announcement and purchase however many cases are requested, to an upper limit of cash on hand or vehicle carrying capacity, and deliver the product either directly or via or internal package shipping service. :baby:
K2JLX
sarcastic twat

Post by K2JLX »

Oh great, Astro radios, to iced tea, to earl gray, back to radios, a brief mention of women, then guns and now *gasp* Dr Pepper??! only at hamsexy. :baby: :baby:
Last edited by K2JLX on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
escomm
professor of rectalingus

Post by escomm »

Needs more trannies imo
KC9UZB
98247E-011480-1

Post by KC9UZB »

Transistors ftw!
n3jfw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by n3jfw »

escomm wrote:Needs more trannies imo
there's a few here
N3JFW 4:29 pm
(4:29:48 PM): so he's gay huh
(nameless ham) 4:30 pm
(4:30:02 PM): haha no, but he is a music major
N3JFW 4:30 pm
(4:30:15 PM): so he's still in the closet
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

n3jfw wrote:
there's a few here
Posting in this thread? :anus: :baby:
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
Radio_Cowboy
14249C-001400-8

Post by Radio_Cowboy »

K2JLX wrote:
Dave has a MIB, not a RIB.. Now I don't know what the M in MIB means, but it spells no programming for him. MIB! hah :baby: :baby:

I thought a MIB was a Mostar Interface Box.....for programming the old ass POS Mostar's...... ?
My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun!
KC9UZB
98247E-011480-1

Post by KC9UZB »

motorola_otaku wrote:
n3jfw wrote:
there's a few here
Posting in this thread? :anus: :baby:
Rayjk110 wrote:ruh oh :mjban:
I'd say so!!! :pussy: :pussy: :pussy:

Damn does that include me?

Can't believe my thread got so long. Look what you guys did. All I wanted was advice on how to get IMBE sexy.. I got 1 page of that and the rest is mostly off topic... :mjban:

I blame JLX because if he hadn't added me to MSN, I'd be bugging y'all with all my noobish questions... instead I just ask him.
K2JLX
sarcastic twat

Post by K2JLX »

I categorically deny all involvement. :mjban:
KC9UZB
98247E-011480-1

Post by KC9UZB »

Ahem, back on topic.

I'm all IMBE sexy now, everything's finally working fine after the new RIB arrived (in a box marked RLN4008B).

Wootage.

Now, anyone got an AS3 to sell? :baby: :anus: