Getting Astro Saber CPS from Motorola...As a ham?

Forum for the promotion and understanding of digital voice on the amateur bands.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

mikenet

Getting Astro Saber CPS from Motorola...As a ham?

Post by mikenet »

So I got a couple of Astro Sabers in from eBay(from different sellers). One of the auctions even had a CPS screenshot(which showed a recent firmware with AGC and the like).

My old programming laptop(which I've used for everything else Moto) just doesn't want to touch them. I keep getting the "couldn't acquire busy line" error... Out of the box, one transmits on FM, the other on project 25...so they don't appear to be dead.

I'm sick and tired of banging on the old DOS RSS that I have hanging around(R09.03.00) trying to get the thing to read. My old programming machine barely even reads floppies anymore(getting the RSS on it was a pain). It looks like I should abandon all hope, contact Motorola, and try to get CPS. It only costs more than what I payed for BOTH radios and accessories :anus:.

So, how does a ham convince Motorola to sell CPS to them? I can fill out their online form to get Motorola Online access...but it requires a callback from a human. Is the word ham going to get the phone slammed down? How can I convince them to take my money?
n3jfw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by n3jfw »

This forum is not meant for discussing how to get cps/rss.
N3JFW 4:29 pm
(4:29:48 PM): so he's gay huh
(nameless ham) 4:30 pm
(4:30:02 PM): haha no, but he is a music major
N3JFW 4:30 pm
(4:30:15 PM): so he's still in the closet