Astro saber secure-ket retention question

Forum for the promotion and understanding of digital voice on the amateur bands.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

bradlington

Astro saber secure-ket retention question

Post by bradlington »

OK-here is a question for the secure buffs.

If I have the DES and enabled " ïnfinite key retention ": Is there anyway of placing a static key into the radio for test purposes without the use of a KVL ?

Mfg Code(FLASH PORT ): 0000010000009

Power-up test: AP_R03.33.00
DSP N05.01.04
EMC 2.012
KG1-DES
KG2-NONE
H04RDH9PW7AN

Thanks in advance

Brad

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASTROdigital_X
10-95
living the hamsexy dream

Post by 10-95 »

As far as I know , the answer would be no. I have had a strange thing happen with a AS3 I had once. It had a DES-XL module in it. I had infinite key retention enabled but never, ever loaded a key in the radio. One day after swapping batterys I somehow got the conentric switch flipped to secure and the darn radio transmitted!? Checking it with another radio on simplex it sounded as if it were running an encryption key. A few days later I swapped the battery and then nothing,key fail. This would happen off and on for as long as I owned the radio, really strange stuff. :baby:
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

Only other way I'm aware of to get a key into a radio without a KVL is with OTAR, and even then you'd still need a KVL to load the shadow key.
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
bradlington

Post by bradlington »

Hi

Ok thanks for all the respective comments and ideas.

As far as the Whore/dump -would LOVE to, although I would have a problem if something went wrong as I have never flashed one of these babies , dont have the code and only have two -If I turn one into a brick I am left with one which would defeat the object .

I take it that the mentioned Whore/Dump has all the options?

Best left up to those who are competent in doing that .

Any way thanks for all the comments.

Brad

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASTROdigital_X/