Mansfield, Ohio

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

Post Reply
ka8ypy
Administrator
Posts: 3491
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Fine Business and HI HI
Contact:

Mansfield, Ohio

Post by ka8ypy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 am

Sunday February 10

Richland County Fairgrounds.

http://www.iarc.ws/hamfest.htm

Since I will be at my folks house for a couple of days in Galion, I am planning on hitting this one.

Who else from Ohio and surrounding area is coming?
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade

KC8RYW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: 10-20

Re: Mansfield, Ohio

Post by KC8RYW » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 am

ka8ypy wrote:Sunday February 10

Richland County Fairgrounds.

http://www.iarc.ws/hamfest.htm

Since I will be at my folks house for a couple of days in Galion, I am planning on hitting this one.

Who else from Ohio and surrounding area is coming?
Pencil me in as a maybe.

User avatar
webdoc
98247E-011480-1
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:18 am
Location: KC8TCQ EN81ai Napoleon Ohio
Contact:

Post by webdoc » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:58 am

I'll see if I can swing down that way, it's only about 2.5 hours from me.
KC8TCQ
Ric Burney wrote:Considering July 4th food, July 5th should be celebrated as National Ass Honk Day.

w8rw
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by w8rw » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:42 pm

I will be there...if I can stand the smell

User avatar
webdoc
98247E-011480-1
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:18 am
Location: KC8TCQ EN81ai Napoleon Ohio
Contact:

Post by webdoc » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Well, I was all set to go, a friend is taking a van load down, had an extra seat and extra ticket for me.

But mother nature stepped in, now I'll be at the EOC dealing with flooding

A good bit of N.W Ohio will be under water sounds like. :baby:
KC8TCQ
Ric Burney wrote:Considering July 4th food, July 5th should be celebrated as National Ass Honk Day.

ka8ypy
Administrator
Posts: 3491
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Fine Business and HI HI
Contact:

Post by ka8ypy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:56 pm

webdoc wrote:Well, I was all set to go, a friend is taking a van load down, had an extra seat and extra ticket for me.

But mother nature stepped in, now I'll be at the EOC dealing with flooding

A good bit of N.W Ohio will be under water sounds like. :baby:
Hopefully Mansfield will drain by the weekend, My folk's pond over ran the banks and flooded the roadway for a couple 3-4 hours lastnight/this morning.

I am still heading out on Saturday and will be at the fest on Sunday.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade

User avatar
webdoc
98247E-011480-1
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:18 am
Location: KC8TCQ EN81ai Napoleon Ohio
Contact:

Post by webdoc » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:42 pm

ka8ypy wrote:
webdoc wrote:Well, I was all set to go, a friend is taking a van load down, had an extra seat and extra ticket for me.

But mother nature stepped in, now I'll be at the EOC dealing with flooding

A good bit of N.W Ohio will be under water sounds like. :baby:
Hopefully Mansfield will drain by the weekend, My folk's pond over ran the banks and flooded the roadway for a couple 3-4 hours lastnight/this morning.

I am still heading out on Saturday and will be at the fest on Sunday.
Have fun, Adam KB8MDF, one of the locals will be there, he works for Bender Communications out of Toledo, he is a Motorola Tech. he was the one that offered me the ride and the extra ticket.

Well I gotta go get things ready for the newsies, I guess one of the local TV stations wants to come interview me and the Director this evening yipty flipping doo .
KC8TCQ
Ric Burney wrote:Considering July 4th food, July 5th should be celebrated as National Ass Honk Day.

ka8ypy
Administrator
Posts: 3491
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Fine Business and HI HI
Contact:

Post by ka8ypy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:45 pm

webdoc wrote:
ka8ypy wrote:
webdoc wrote:Well, I was all set to go, a friend is taking a van load down, had an extra seat and extra ticket for me.

But mother nature stepped in, now I'll be at the EOC dealing with flooding

A good bit of N.W Ohio will be under water sounds like. :baby:
Hopefully Mansfield will drain by the weekend, My folk's pond over ran the banks and flooded the roadway for a couple 3-4 hours lastnight/this morning.

I am still heading out on Saturday and will be at the fest on Sunday.
Have fun, Adam KB8MDF, one of the locals will be there, he works for Bender Communications out of Toledo, he is a Motorola Tech. he was the one that offered me the ride and the extra ticket.

Well I gotta go get things ready for the newsies, I guess one of the local TV stations wants to come interview me and the Director this evening yipty flipping doo .
Roger that, i will keep an eye out for him. Have fun and stay dry.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade

User avatar
webdoc
98247E-011480-1
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:18 am
Location: KC8TCQ EN81ai Napoleon Ohio
Contact:

Post by webdoc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:44 am

Well have fun at the fest? freeze your ya-ya's off?

I didn't go, is probably a good thing, as I had to take a trip to the ER tonight, my BP took off and went through the roof, it was very close to what it was when I had my stroke. Right now I am on some really good drugs (anti anxiety meds?) and new meds for my BP.


One stroke was enough thank you :baby:
KC8TCQ
Ric Burney wrote:Considering July 4th food, July 5th should be celebrated as National Ass Honk Day.

ka8ypy
Administrator
Posts: 3491
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Fine Business and HI HI
Contact:

Post by ka8ypy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 am

webdoc wrote:Well have fun at the fest? freeze your ya-ya's off?

I didn't go, is probably a good thing, as I had to take a trip to the ER tonight, my BP took off and went through the roof, it was very close to what it was when I had my stroke. Right now I am on some really good drugs (anti anxiety meds?) and new meds for my BP.


One stroke was enough thank you :baby:
Glad to hear your doing better.

It was a little cold (started at 13 and was 7 when we left) and a little breezy. a quarter of the stuff was CB gear, not much commercial gear and a good bit of "junk" (just like I remembered it). Good luck with the snow you guys are about to get.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade

User avatar
Mong
9A247E-211493-9
Posts: 5460
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:29 am
Location: Mesquite TX

Post by Mong » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:01 am

webdoc wrote:
One stroke was enough thank you :baby:

Guess the Viagra is working too well :baby:
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day

User avatar
webdoc
98247E-011480-1
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:18 am
Location: KC8TCQ EN81ai Napoleon Ohio
Contact:

Post by webdoc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:37 am

Mong wrote:
webdoc wrote:
One stroke was enough thank you :baby:

Guess the Viagra is working too well :baby:

You know, after I had my stroke, I was taking a leak in the mens room of one of the local hangous and my cell phone goes off, some frigging doctor asking me to be part of some tst group whre they are studying the effect that Viagra has on stroke patients.
KC8TCQ
Ric Burney wrote:Considering July 4th food, July 5th should be celebrated as National Ass Honk Day.

User avatar
smokeybehr
98247E-211491-4
Posts: 3241
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:58 am
Location: In the muthaf***in' forest, bitch! Where else?
Contact:

Post by smokeybehr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:12 am

webdoc wrote:
Mong wrote:
webdoc wrote:
One stroke was enough thank you :baby:

Guess the Viagra is working too well :baby:

You know, after I had my stroke, I was taking a leak in the mens room of one of the local hangous and my cell phone goes off, some frigging doctor asking me to be part of some tst group whre they are studying the effect that Viagra has on stroke patients.
They noticed that Tadalafil (Cialis) had an improving effect on stroke patients, so they must be trying to see if Sildenafil (Viagra) has the same effect.
mong wrote: If you are a chick, show us your tits
If you're a dude, show rayray your tits

Post Reply