Timonium, MD, March 29th & 30th, 2008

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

resqguy
H98UCH9PW7AN

Timonium, MD, March 29th & 30th, 2008

Post by resqguy »

http://gbhc.org/
Don't miss it. Ever.
What more can I say.
ka8ypy
Administrator

Re: Timonium, MD, March 29th & 30th, 2008

Post by ka8ypy »

I plan on tailgating both days I have three spaces reserved.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade
KC2TEN
102490-000000-1

Post by KC2TEN »

I think if I am around, (not tdy) I might drive down and see the hammy sights.
Your hole is my goal.
Chuck Norris Kicks Ass Without Tanker Gas.

Polar_Rescue
102480-000000-3

Post by Polar_Rescue »

I will be there.. i have two spaces reserved in the indoor basic area.. same as last year.. look for the big red trailer!
VIVA La HAMSEXY!

-- POLAR_RESCUE --
ka8ypy
Administrator

Post by ka8ypy »

Headin' out tonight to grab tailgate spots for the crew and what not. See everyone on Saturday.
I will never quit.
Polar_Rescue
102480-000000-3

Post by Polar_Rescue »

I am down here now.. i have spaces 3/4 in the basic indoor area.. stop by for a visit! look for the big red trailer!
I already had a fun encounter with :wacker: :vestman: "hamfest security" .
I was in a area not permited by my lowly basic indoor ticket.. how dare i walk around?? haha
It was classic :vestman: with a plastic NYPD style badge .. callsign and all and some other plastic badge that stated hamfest security..

i should have showed him my motel keycard and said i was ok.. i have authorization!

I will have an ear on BW-1

Over and out!

Polar_Rescue!
Chris
VIVA La HAMSEXY!

-- POLAR_RESCUE --
whls3

Post by whls3 »

New guy will be there!
ka8ypy
Administrator

Post by ka8ypy »

whls3 wrote:New guy will be there!
WTF were ya, did ya stop by and say hi to those of us freezing our nads off outside in the taIlgate area?? Shouldn't have been too hard to find if you were paying attention....
I will never quit.
whls3

Post by whls3 »

Unlike PolarRescue, you didn't describe any vehicle or anything, so to find you would be difficult at best. And while Polar said to look for the red trailer, there were 3 in the cow palace. I asked about an Hamsexy price on an item at one red trailer, and was told it would probably cost me more. So you can see why I might be reluctant to mention Hamsexy again.

Besides. we didn't get there until almost 9:00 (Sat). We did the buildings first. By the time we got outside, a lot of people were packing up to go home. I was impressed with the size. This was the first time to Timonium for me. Reminds me of Gaithersburg. The last year for Gaithersburg was the first Hamfest I went to (96 or 97?). Manassas is usually a decent size, but still only 1/2 to 2/3 of what I saw Saturday.
ka8ypy
Administrator

Post by ka8ypy »

whls3 wrote:Unlike PolarRescue, you didn't describe any vehicle or anything, so to find you would be difficult at best. And while Polar said to look for the red trailer, there were 3 in the cow palace. I asked about an Hamsexy price on an item at one red trailer, and was told it would probably cost me more. So you can see why I might be reluctant to mention Hamsexy again.

Besides. we didn't get there until almost 9:00 (Sat). We did the buildings first. By the time we got outside, a lot of people were packing up to go home. I was impressed with the size. This was the first time to Timonium for me. Reminds me of Gaithersburg. The last year for Gaithersburg was the first Hamfest I went to (96 or 97?). Manassas is usually a decent size, but still only 1/2 to 2/3 of what I saw Saturday.
Eh, Look for the hamsexy sticker on the back window of the truck selling all of the flashing lights outside. (no big deal) And the last year for Gaithersburg the 1st time was 1999 the 2nd time around was 2006 (I am the chairman for the event).

Glad you had a good time, found good stuff, I will probably do Manassas again this year.
I will never quit.
whls3

Post by whls3 »

OK, so maybe it wasn't '99 when I was there last. I know it was right after I got my ticket in '96. And I missed '06 as I was out of town. Was it as big in '06 as before? And will it ever happen again?

And when you say "flashing lights", do you mean whacker lights?(no offense...). If so, I think you had some Motorola also. You were at the end of a row. I tend to look down at the tables and the ground looking for deals. I've said this the last couple of years, but I think I'll be tailgating at Manassas this year. I've got to make some room at my place. I keep stubbing my toes on shit.
ka8ypy
Administrator

Post by ka8ypy »

whls3 wrote:OK, so maybe it wasn't '99 when I was there last. I know it was right after I got my ticket in '96. And I missed '06 as I was out of town. Was it as big in '06 as before? And will it ever happen again?
Working on a new location and possibly a spring date instead of fall.
whls3 wrote: And when you say "flashing lights", do you mean whacker lights?(no offense...). If so, I think you had some Motorola also. You were at the end of a row. I tend to look down at the tables and the ground looking for deals. I've said this the last couple of years, but I think I'll be tailgating at Manassas this year. I've got to make some room at my place. I keep stubbing my toes on shit.
That was us, I was at the end of the row, Alex in the middle and Seth was #3 space. (next time I'll paste a Hamsexy sticker on the ground in front my space just for you :baby: )
I will never quit.