Shelby 2008 And Camping.

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Shelby 2008 And Camping.

Post by KG4CGC »

Next time you're near the Shelby NC area, be sure to check out the new camping and nature site opening this May.
Newspaper article: Cleveland Tribune

The campsite webpage: Link

It may be a nice alternative next September to do a little camping and unwinding after a hard day of hamfesting.
Maybe a little portable operating from the campsite.
Hamsexy is like peeing your pants.
Everyone can see it but only you feel its true warmth.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Re: Shelby 2008 And Camping.

Post by Mong »

I'm in Shelby every other week and I haven;t heard a thing, might have to stir up the new ARES group to see if they will operate field day from there :baby:

Oh, the comments I read so far were typical, I'm actually surprised the Star even ran the story. Good for them......
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

Oh, look who left a comment :baby:
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Post by KG4CGC »

Mong wrote:Oh, look who left a comment :baby:
Saw that! Nice job.
Some people are gay. So fucking what ...
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/count ... round.html

Camp Lickalotta founders evicted, but vow to keep dream alive

By Drew Brooks

March 26, 2008 - 9:06PM

Plans for a controversial campground are murky at best, but one thing is clear: The camp won't be located at Golden Valley Campground just over the Cleveland County line in Rutherford County. In fact, it might not be located anywhere near Cleveland County.

Nancy Leedy and Joanie Beasley, the camp's organizers, have been evicted from their campsite and have left. Even after being evicted, the couple told media outlets that their plans for a camp that would welcome members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community will not disappear.

"It will still happen. Nancy and I are now more determined than ever to see our dreams come true," Beasley wrote in a letter to The Star newspaper.

What the couple has not said is where the location for the camp and a proposed music festival will be or if that location is anywhere near Cleveland County.

The couple were evicted from their campsite at Golden Valley Campground following a camp-related dispute with the campground owners, who have retained attorney O. Max Gardner III.

"As far as we're concerned, the matter was over when they left the property," Gardner said Wednesday.

Much of the community backlash in regard to the camp came from its controversial name, which many found obscene.

Previously, Leedy had said the name Camp Lickalotta was chosen because it "represents who we are ... no shame and open arms."

At first it "was a catchy, funny name," Beasley said in her letter. "After a while we thought of how the name represented what we stood for. We did not want ‘just another campground,' we wanted to be unique.

"Some have said ‘If you would just change the name, it would be OK.' That can never happen now ...," she said.

As word spread, Beasley, Leedy and the owners of the campground where they lived came under fire.

Makeshift signs were posted declaring the couple unwelcome and others went so far as to shoot the campground's sign.

The Rev. Chris Emory, pastor of Morris Memorial Baptist Church, leader of the congregation closest to the camp's original location, said the response from his congregation had been "very negative."

"It's in our backyard almost," Emory said.

Emory said he had been in talks with at least one other area pastor to stage a protest of the camp if plans had continued.

"We don't need one in our area or any area," Emory said.

"The bottom line is we're all going to be judged by God," he said. "The Bible clearly condemns homosexuality."
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

The Cleveland Fairgrounds manager must be visiting HS.
Somehow they linked amateur radio with Camp Lickalotta.
Ya think? Nah...
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

Maybe the lesbos and the hamfest can find a place together for Labor Day? :baby:

Naw, most of the people attending hamfests are not tolerant of others <cough> no-coders <cough> :bnypancake:
KD6NIG
98247E-011480-1

Post by KD6NIG »

Mong wrote:Maybe the lesbos and the hamfest can find a place together for Labor Day? :baby:

Naw, most of the people attending hamfests are not tolerant of others <cough> no-coders <cough> :bnypancake:
YL seems to override No-Code.

Till the women won't pay the old men trying to hit on them any attention, then they will be called dirty no-coders again :)
Joshua, KD6NIG
Stockton, CA
http://www.kd6nig.net
WARNING: My wife says I'm the worlds largest source of natual gas. Shes right!
435 Repeater Audio: http://www.kd6nig.net/435rep.html
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

Have them go build their camp next to the Muslim, er, I mean "diaper head" extremists camp in York Sc.....
That right there would make a great "reality" TV show.....
Q: What is red and orange and looks good on a politician?
A: FIRE!!

"Yea we eat grits in South Carolina, so what? You fools here eat that Skyline Chili junk. I'll keep the grits..."