Upstate SC Amateur Radio

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Upstate SC Amateur Radio

Post by FatherJack »

Upstate SC Hamfest May 3rd
http://upstatehamfest.org/
It's the end of our hobby as we know it and I feel fine.
escomm
professor of rectalingus

Re: Upstate SC Amateur Radio

Post by escomm »

I'd hit it so hard you'd have to be to King of England to pull me out
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Post by KG4CGC »

Missed that one last year. You going Tom or is that a stupid question?
Hamsexy is like peeing your pants.
Everyone can see it but only you feel its true warmth.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

KG4CGC wrote:Missed that one last year. You going Tom or is that a stupid question?

He's going, I'm even going to drive down too. I chose this one over Morganton so I hope it's a nice one :baby:

Think we might be going out afterwards as well, might as well live a little...
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Nice shot of the snack bar Jeff. Yep Charles, unless something shitty crops up. My brother in law is allegedly taking his Tech test there, but has not studied for it so far and another bro is going for his Extree.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

If I break open a book and shake the stupid for a week, I might try to read for my general.
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Do the QRZ online tests for General two or three times a day for the week, you'll have it dicked.
escomm
professor of rectalingus

Post by escomm »

FatherJack wrote:Nice shot of the snack bar Jeff. Yep Charles, unless something shitty crops up. My brother in law is allegedly taking his Tech test there, but has not studied for it so far and another bro is going for his Extree.
Yeah you're all brothers over there aren't you :baby:
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

2000's = Bro, 1980's = Cuz :baby:
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Post by KG4CGC »

I've been actively studying the General exam. Failed one set of Questions but passed the second set. I'll continue to hammer it out during the week, stopped up head and all.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Good luck m8.... keep at it!
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

They are calling for scattered afternoon storms, but I'll still be there. What time are you guys going to be there? Trying to figure out what time to get up, Saturday morning for me usually involves going to bed at 6am, not sure what getting up before 8am will do for me...

I might like like :anus: instead of :baby:
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Great to see you guys!
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

Had a good time, but mostly glad that I wasn't molested by candlelight by Father Jack :baby:
escomm
professor of rectalingus

Post by escomm »

FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Mong wrote:Had a good time, but mostly glad that I wasn't molested by candlelight by Father Jack :baby:
That's because you're a :pussy: and you made Charles sit between us! :baby:
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

KG4CGC/AG

Yesterday, May 3rd 2008 I took and passed the General exam in Spartanburg county SC as part of the BRARS' 2008 Upstate Hamfest - South Carolina ARRL 2008 Section Convention.

I am ashamed to say that I did indeed miss one question but after reading the handbook on and off for (more off than on) I just decided to go straight to the question pool and from Monday to Friday I read through it and found that in my own personal case, most of the questions were common sense. NAND and NOR gates were new but I did play with them when I was 12 although it was never explained so straight forwardly back then.

Many thanks to Tom, WV6Z for his support and many thanks to the motley crew that accompanied us which ranged of people from all walks of life including a retired police who's senior class trip was a couple of tours of Southeast Asia in the late 60's/early 70's, to a sign salesman with a graphics background and a penchant for pretty hair, a 6 foot 4 inch tall Midget Hunter, a computer IT guru who is also a member of the Hells Angels Weekend Warriors SC Chapter 101st and of course Tom, the Amateur radio socialite Extrodinaire'. Chatting up every 80 year old cougar in a wheelchair, walker, liftgate and power ramp. Hat's off to you Father Jack!

The afternoon was capped off with a late lunch at Steak and Ale where my rib-eye was cooked to perfection and the Samuel Adams flowed perfectly like nectar from a goddess bearing Olympian vessels of mead and grog. Yes, she did have quite the sense of humor to put up with our roguish group of cranky radio Amateurs!

Thanks again Tom and better luck to your broham-in-law!
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Hey, the kid did okay for 10 hours MAX studying of something completely new to him. He'll bring it back from Dayton with him fer sherrr. :baby:
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

FatherJack wrote:Hey, the kid did okay for 10 hours MAX studying of something completely new to him. He'll bring it back from Dayton with him fer sherrr. :baby:
Good luck to him or should I say, "Break a whip!"
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

I should add that I'll be retaining my callsign. No change.
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

FatherJack wrote:Hey, the kid did okay for 10 hours MAX studying of something completely new to him. He'll bring it back from Dayton with him fer sherrr. :baby:

If not we'll leave him in Dayton till next year to study....
Q: What is red and orange and looks good on a politician?
A: FIRE!!

"Yea we eat grits in South Carolina, so what? You fools here eat that Skyline Chili junk. I'll keep the grits..."
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Or tell him that if he ever wants to see SC and all of his adoring female fan club here and in NE Georgia, he has to feed the Trooper. :baby:

The little shit is a :pussy: magnet without a doubt, hell, if I wasn't married to his sister, even I might get laid next week! :mjban:
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

I guess I'll be hitting publix before the hamfest in Anderson? :mjban:
K2JLX
sarcastic twat

Post by K2JLX »

KG4CGC wrote:I should add that I'll be retaining my callsign. No change.
Congrats on the AG dude, I got mine on April 13th at the Beacon NY hamfest; just got my rig a few days ago, having fun getting acquainted with the initial complexities of the rig. I even got to foam on non ham bands -- OT alert: last night I was listening to Gander and Shanwick Atlantic Oceanic hf, I had a smile the size of Texas.

Most of the last few days have been spent listening to the 40 and 20 meter action; heard some stations on 17 m in s.america, l also enjoyed some PSK31 into S.America, Cuba and the Azores, I cant believe I didn't get round to getting my general sooner...
Homophobe....... I'd hit it like a fucking screen door in a Goddamn tornado. When you get all old and sickly my round arsed friend, you will learn to take advantage of situations as they arise or do without. Does that make me a fag? Dunno.....don't care........but it means I am not going to do without....... -- FatherJack - 3/29/2012
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Mong wrote:I guess I'll be hitting publix before the hamfest in Anderson? :mjban:
We will have to get Shane to give you a formal introduction.
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

K2JLX wrote:
KG4CGC wrote:I should add that I'll be retaining my callsign. No change.
Congrats on the AG dude, I got mine on April 13th at the Beacon NY hamfest; just got my rig a few days ago, having fun getting acquainted with the initial complexities of the rig. I even got to foam on non ham bands -- OT alert: last night I was listening to Gander and Shanwick Atlantic Oceanic hf, I had a smile the size of Texas.

Most of the last few days have been spent listening to the 40 and 20 meter action; heard some stations on 17 m in s.america, l also enjoyed some PSK31 into S.America, Cuba and the Azores, I cant believe I didn't get round to getting my general sooner...
Thanks man.
A 2 element 17m fixed dipole beam is in the works to hit the west coast.
I finally figured out which question I missed. I answered 200 watts on the 60 meter question!
FAIL!