Shelby 2010 - Dallas Gaston NC

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Shelby 2010 - Dallas Gaston NC

Post by KG4CGC »

Who's going?
Currently my attendance is on a tentative schedule.
Hamsexy is like peeing your pants.
Everyone can see it but only you feel its true warmth.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Re: Shelby 2010 - Dallas Gaston NC

Post by KG4CGC »

I guess I should include the SARC link.

http://www.shelbyhamfest.org/
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

It's gonna suck not making it this year, be sure to take lots of pictures of vehicle-mounted window A/C units.
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

I should also note that if I go, I will take the Extra exam however, most testing that I know of occurs between 8am and 10am. The SARC club is holding theirs at 2pm. I guess I could gloss over the book with the extra time but afternoon tests are not my forte.
Any suggestions?
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

Go to the awful house across the street and have a double helping of hashbrowns covered with chili and onions. Even if you don't pass, you'll make it hard for anyone to pass as well.
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

Mong wrote:Go to the awful house across the street and have a double helping of hashbrowns covered with chili and onions. Even if you don't pass, you'll make it hard for anyone to pass as well.
You were there when I took the general in Spartanburg. I think we all had steak afterwards. Ah, good times.
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

OK, I went but only drove by the hamfest. The plan was to get there early, look around, do a couple of hours of last minute studying and take the test.
Well, wouldn't you know it? I went to bed at 12:30AM, laid in bed with my eyes closed until 4AM. Decided to drink a beer and try to at least get a little shut eye. Yeah, wasn't happening. Turned the computer on and TWC. Tried to get sleepy. I think I might have slept between 8AM and 10AM. Whatever right? Coffee, shower, shoes, truck, go!
Found the place for the exam at 1:20PM, went back up the road and got a McDonald's Anus Snack wrap. Meh, it was edible. Went back and took the exam for Extra. On the way I was reading over the parts that I knew would be a problem, sorting numbers and coordinates. Comes natural for some but I just tried to remember what was being specifically asked. The weather was beautiful.
About quarter of 2, I walked into the Lodge building and signed up. Got my paperwork sorted and took the exam. I passed.

I had to got back afterwards and ask them if I missed the part on the form where I should check if I want to keep my callsign as is. They said that now it is automatic that you keep it as there is now a space to check to indicate that you want a new one.

On the way home I checked a couple of retail places in search of a tobacconist. Needle in a haystack. I guess I'll have to make a special trip to Asheville for that. Specifically, NC is allowed to sell a larger variety of tobaccos than SC. SC decided to have its own separate tobacco settlement lawsuit IN ADDITION TO the national one. Look at it as an extortion tax. Many importers and suppliers told SC to get fucked.
So, all we have here is the standard crap. Standard crap that now all contains that damn carpet glue. This SC lawsuit also includes RYO for injectors. Drum used to be a bottom rung product but Bali Shag and all the brands I liked moved on from SC and now Drum is a premium smoke.

Well, that's my story and I plan on sticking to it however, I could change my mind at any time without notice. It's standard policy these days.

KG4CGC/AE
K0KDS
14249C-000400-0

Post by K0KDS »

KG4CGC wrote:KG4CGC/AE
Congrats!
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

Will I have to genuflect when I visit :baby:
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

Mong wrote:Will I have to genuflect when I visit :baby:
I will laminate my wallet license and use it like a sword upon the eve of your arrival to be knighted.