Bay Area Hamfests

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

Thoriated

Bay Area Hamfests

Post by Thoriated »

Last I heard Livermore's moving and Moffett will be too....... http://www.asvaro.org for the Moffett one, and Google "Livermore Amateur Radio Klub" for the Livermore one. The Elecraft guys will be at that "Radiofest 2005" thing, that might be worth going to, although I hear the swap may not be that good for selling - which makes it good for buying!
ae6ip
98247E-011400-8

Post by ae6ip »

You forgot De Anza, but that moved already.
Thoriated

Post by Thoriated »

Moffett WAS Foothill, until they moved, I guess it will be Ex_moffett, once they find a place for it again .....

You have to check the web page EVERY TIME before going to a Bay Area Hamfest!! I disobeyed this rule, and found myself with the other lost souls (quite a few!) wandering around at Moffett at 6AM looking like the clueless dorks were were/are because it was the WRONG WEEKEND! Some of these folks came from far a away too! Check and double-check and check again!

The N6NFI repeater has a fair amount of swapmeet gossip along with the other stuff. HRO is a good place to get swapmeet etc flyers too. It just takes being really REALLY nerdly to keep up with the happenings....