Nov. 4, 2012 - ARRL Iowa Section Convention and 41st Annual

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

n0loh

Nov. 4, 2012 - ARRL Iowa Section Convention and 41st Annual

Post by n0loh »

The ARRL Iowa Section Convention and 41st Annual DRAC Hamfest and Computer Show will be held at Davenport, Iowa on Sunday, November 4, 2012, at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center, 5202 Brady Street. The featured speaker will be Larry Wolfg
ang WR1B, ARRL QEX Editor, from ARRL Headquarters. He will give two forums on “My Favorite Hints & Kinks” and “An Introduction to HF Digital Communications.”
Larry has been an ARRL staff member since 1981 and QEX Editor since 2006. He holds a bachelor's degree in physics from Susquehanna University, and taught high
school science prior to coming to ARRL. First licensed as WN3JQM in 1968, at the age of 15, Larry also held WA3VIL for many years. He is also very active in the Boy Scouts program and the Scouting Jamboree on the Air.
There will also be an AR
RL forum presented by ARRL Midwest Division Director, Cliff Ahrens K0CA, and a program by Iowa Section Manager Tom Brehmer N0LOH on “My First Dayton and the ARRL Iowa Section.”
The hamfest will include commercial vendors, and everything from parts to complete stations, computer systems, hardware and software.
For more information, see the Convention’s web page:
http://www.arcsupport.com/drac/hamfest.html
or contact John Hoenshell N0BFJ, at [email protected].
Hams and family will have a chance to meet and greet Larry, Cliff and Tom on Saturday, November 3rd at 7:00 pm at Frank's Pizza, 2297 Falcon Ave. in Bettendorf, Iowa. (Near the corner of 53rd and 18th) This is Dutch Treat in the banquet room. No RSVP needed.
n0loh

Re: Nov. 4, 2012 - ARRL Iowa Section Convention and 41st Annual

Post by n0loh »

ARRL Iowa Section Convention Seminar Schedule:

8:30am "My First Dayton and the ARRL Iowa Section"
Presented by ARRL Iowa Section Manager, Tom Brehmer, N0LOH

9:30am "Digital QST and the ARRL Midwest Division"
Presented by ARRL Midwest Division Director, Cliff Ahrens, K0CA

10:30am "My Favorite Hints & Kinks"
Presented by ARRL QEX Editor, Larry Wolfgang, WR1B

11:30am "An Introduction to HF Digital Communications"
Presented by ARRL QEX Editor, Larry Wolfgang, WR1B

All seminars will be in the "Bass" meeting room.