Charlotte NC Hamfest

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Charlotte NC Hamfest

Post by WTF »

http://www.w4bfb.org/hamfest2006/hamfest.html

You a big boy now....Read it yourself.......
Q: What is red and orange and looks good on a politician?
A: FIRE!!

"Yea we eat grits in South Carolina, so what? You fools here eat that Skyline Chili junk. I'll keep the grits..."
RCSD505

Post by RCSD505 »

I'm tempted to go.. but i'm not a ham :baby:
Ten Foh BEEEEEEEEEP
Willis
MOT1

Fight fest 2006

Post by Willis »

There is usually always a good fight or 2 in the fleamarket area. Either when the salt rotted vans from up north come down and want to put an 8 ft tall van in a 7 ft overhead.
About 3 years ago there was a big knock down drag out when one of the hamtards wouldn't let another hamtard out in front of him.

As long as they don't break open their colostomy bags, it's fun to watch.
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Re: Fight fest 2006

Post by WTF »

Willis wrote:There is usually always a good fight or 2 in the fleamarket area. Either when the salt rotted vans from up north come down and want to put an 8 ft tall van in a 7 ft overhead.
About 3 years ago there was a big knock down drag out when one of the hamtards wouldn't let another hamtard out in front of him.

Sounds likr the perfect place for me to utilize my large collection of smart ass comments.

"Yea we eat grits in South Carolina, so what? You fools here eat that Skyline Chili junk. I'll keep the grits..."
n3jfw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Charlotte NC Hamfest

Post by n3jfw »

KG4FOY wrote:http://www.w4bfb.org/hamfest2006/hamfest.html

hmm

If I leave saturday night

How far a drive is it?
Willis
MOT1

Re: Charlotte NC Hamfest

Post by Willis »

n3jfw wrote:
KG4FOY wrote:http://www.w4bfb.org/hamfest2006/hamfest.html

hmm

If I leave saturday night

How far a drive is it?
Kind of a waste if you're only there Sunday. Most everything is shutting down by noon or a little after. You do get to see the free for all as the fleamarket guys get in each other's way though.
If you can hit 95 and head down thru Virginia then 85 into charlotte - it's roughly 4 1/2 to 5 hours from richmond - assuming things havent changed much
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

we'll all be using 147.420

WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

I can see this rapidly decending into a cluster fuck....

tvsjr
Moderator - Dayton 2006/2007 Supporter

Post by tvsjr »

Willis wrote:There is usually always a good fight or 2 in the fleamarket area. Either when the salt rotted vans from up north come down and want to put an 8 ft tall van in a 7 ft overhead.

Whatchu talking about, Willis? Are you serious? Hell, they don't even get into fights at Dayton - and it's a damn shame too. :baby:
Willis
MOT1

Post by Willis »

tvsjr wrote:
Whatchu talking about, Willis? Are you serious? Hell, they don't even get into fights at Dayton - and it's a damn shame too. :baby:
Well, we're not talkin' WWF stuff here. A couple of old farts will bump hamabouts, then start yelling at each other and then they'll try to reach out without falling off the scooter to shove or BO the other guy away.

Some of the more mobile crowd might start with the hey, you set that peice of junk swan on 2 1/2 inches of my flea market space and then the other will take offence to the other calling his beloved swan 250 that he wants $1200 for a peice of junk and words and shoving

For some reason, they always manage to put the biggest azzholes right next to each other. So you can usually stand in one spot for half an hour and see 3 or 4 little spats leading up to the big one.

The one that happened a few years back was right at the vehicle exit for the flea market. And when I say that -- the flea market is all indoors -- they drive into this area and some leave there vehicles if they've rented a big enough space, others unload and pull back out again.
This altercation began with a verbal argument that resulted in a punch being thrown resulting in 2 overweight hamtards on the concrete floor like sumo westlers - there was butt crack everywhere - it wasn't pretty.
I never could find out exactly why the argument started. One guy said it was because one guy wouldn't let the other guy out but neither had a vehicle when the fight broke out.
I'm hoping maybe they'll have some ATV of key areas set up this year!
RCSD505

Post by RCSD505 »

damn no edit...

The misplaced I in the above post was supposed to be THAT.
Ten Foh BEEEEEEEEEP
RCSD505

Post by RCSD505 »

I see you guys stayed way the hell away from that question! :baby:
Ten Foh BEEEEEEEEEP
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Post by KG4CGC »

I will be there. Any pointers for the roving photo-op? I really want to post some doozies here.
Hamsexy is like peeing your pants.
Everyone can see it but only you feel its true warmth.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Post by KG4CGC »

I suppose you are telling me to bring a bigger lens so I will be more intimidating.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

Hey Chuck, Nice TITS!!

I haven't showered in days, I've beem drinking on and off for the past few as well, not to mention not brushing my teeth, I hope I've generated the required amount of BO for entry... :baby:

KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

I certainly experienced the BO, farts, bad breath and other generally malodorous attractions of what makes a fest ... ham.
Interesting to note, the goth kids were there along with the grundge kids and the usual group of ubergeek younguns.

Ten Tec had a nice display along with Alinco but all the action was at the MFJ display. It was a solid 3 people thick with hammies clammoring to buy the shiney new products.

I must be turning into an old fart since the only humorous pictures I found were those of my own ham caravan.

I purchased 2 very large variable caps, a microampere meter and a jumper cable. I'm pondering now between getting computer stuff or an X-BOX! LOL!
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

Nice pic of Charlotte Tom.
Note how the buildings lean to the right.
Political statement to be sure!
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

Oh, yeah ... A big thanks to Brad, KG4FOY for lending me his handy scratchy during the festivities and a big thanks also to Steve, KG4BMK for the ride in the hamtacular truck there and back.
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

Well for some reason I got the banned from Hamsexy message
for a couple of hours but I'm back so I guess it was just a glitch.
What causes that? I'm on dial-up.
RCSD505

Post by RCSD505 »

I wish I could have made it this time but it just wasn't happening for me.. there's always next year..

Do I get a discount for not having horrible BO?
Ten Foh BEEEEEEEEEP
RCSD505

Post by RCSD505 »

Are there any other local hamfests in the central NC area coming up?
Ten Foh BEEEEEEEEEP
n3jfw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by n3jfw »

KG4CGC wrote:Well for some reason I got the banned from Hamsexy message
for a couple of hours but I'm back so I guess it was just a glitch.
What causes that? I'm on dial-up.
pm me your ip info