Hamfest in Oregon...

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

cardinal_fang

Hamfest in Oregon...

Post by cardinal_fang »

February 18, 2006. Salem Hamfair & Computer/Electronics Swapmeet. Rickreall, Oregon at the Polk County Fairgrounds. (Ten miles west of Salem where Highway 22 meets 99W). Always the third Saturday in February. http://www.qsl.net/w7sra

I'll be there, probably on 147.540s or 224.640s.

Brad/N7JGX
Whidbey Island, WA
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
KU7PDX

Post by KU7PDX »

I'll be there too causing trouble... This will be my first Hamfair (just got my ticket last September), but if it's like any other swapmeet I've been too the only rule is to "bring cash and lots of it."

I need to get me a mobile radio and antenna for my car... We'll see what we can find! Otherwise, to HRO we go next week...

Chris/KU7PDX
Wilsonville, OR
cardinal_fang

Post by cardinal_fang »

Hope you enjoyed it. Spent a few hours there, then split back to Seattle. It was fine, picked up some small items.

It's a Loooong way to go, though.

Found a whack-tacular vehicle. Took some photos, will submit them for publishing. It was a doosie!

Brad/N7JGX
Whidbey Island, Wa
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
KU7PDX

Post by KU7PDX »

cardinal_fang wrote:Found a whack-tacular vehicle. Took some photos, will submit them for publishing. It was a doosie!
It's probably the same one I saw. There was a huge antenna mounted to the passenger mirror, but is not even connected to a radio, it was cut off at the bottom!