HamCom 2006: June 9-10, Plano TX

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

alex
Dayton 2007 Supporter

Post by alex »

Sorry, but due to costs, I just can't swing it.

Sorry to disappoint, I'll try and make it down to visit with some more advanced planning this time.

-Alex
Victor Xray
DAYTON 2006/2007 SUPPORTER

Post by Victor Xray »

Allllllright, but you better be getting some :pussy: :pussy: from the lady-friend instead.
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

I'm finalizing the dinner details. But first thing's first:

GO MAVS!

After getting feedback from several of you, I'm opting for the late dinner time.

Official HamCom-HamSexy/Batlabs Dinner
When: Friday June 9
Time: 8:30pm
Where: BJ's Brewhouse & Restaurant, US75 & 15th street

So far, I have the following headcount:
VX
Truckslug
tvsjr
JohnWayne
Gerry
mam1081 +1
Otaku

Anyone else? If you want to join the party, send me a PM or email vx @ batlabs.net ASAP.

Oh, and in case you forgot
GO MAVS!
tvsjr
Moderator - Dayton 2006/2007 Supporter

Post by tvsjr »

Victor Xray wrote:Oh, and in case you forgot
GO MAVS!
I keep hoping the jagoffs will hurry up and lose. I'm sick of seeing them on my TV...
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

Why are you watching the Miami Heat on your TV? Cause I sure as hell know you ain't talkin about my Mavs like that! asshole
:baby:
tvsjr
Moderator - Dayton 2006/2007 Supporter

Post by tvsjr »

Victor Xray wrote:Why are you watching the Miami Heat on your TV? Cause I sure as hell know you ain't talkin about my Mavs like that! asshole
:baby:
Bunch of no-talent fools bouncing a ball up and down a piece of wood.

asshole <-- Yeah, your point? Please refrain from pointing out the incredibly obvious. :baby:
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

Feh, I'm more a baseball guy.

I'll be there, with a fully functional camera that automatically removes the lens cover. :baby:
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
JohnWayne
MOT1

Post by JohnWayne »

OK, hamsexuals, I have posted the choicest pics from this weekend's stinkfest at http://hitechredneck.net/gallery/v/hamcom2006/

IMO, this year sucked more than last year. Not enough radios and too many security dweebs running around. At least the HamStation girls were there.

Jeff
kd5wyu
102480-000000-3

Post by kd5wyu »

Looks like most of the hamsexyness was outside this year. I was roaming around quite a bit inside mostly. Tried to be low-key so I didn't end up on the front page myself.

I agree, it pretty much sucked this year.

Too many piles of junk, and no good deals at all to be found on new stuff. Heck, some of it was even more expensive than I could surf over to Ham Radio Outlet and get brand new, and then I'd not even have to pay sales tax. WTF?

Heck, even the very little M stuff I saw (besides VX's) was all old worthless crap. Anyone need a MTX800?

I even missed the Hamstation girls apparently.

Granted, the Plano Center's main area is a LOT smaller than the Arlington Convention Center, but still. And don't ge me started about the parking. What parking? I parked way out in BFE and then had to go right back out to BFE to move my vehicle else it would be towed?

Tow my truck at your own risk :road warrior:

Off the :soap: now

-b-
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

kd5wyu wrote:Heck, even the very little M stuff I saw (besides VX's) was all old worthless crap. Anyone need a MTX800?
I walked off with 5 of his STXs. Hello, 800 simplex. :baby:

My biggest gripe was with the astounding lack of a fleamarket, which I suppose could've been exacerbated by the lack of parking. Even though 90% of it was crap the last couple of years, you could easily kill a few hours looking around. I was in and out in 30 minutes.

I did finally get to put the IMBE gear to use, and that made it worth the trip.
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

Well.... I survived HamCom.

Pros: It was 1 mile from my house. GOTTA LOVE THAT! And I picked up a box of Astro and 9000 control heads, cables, and DEK for $45, a pair of minty (as Doug would say) mtx8250s w/chargers for $200, and a new dualband fiberglass base antenna for $48.

Cons: Just about everything else, including the horrendously laid out tables and the worthless junk that was on all of them. And what's the deal with everyone needing to just touch my merchandise? I swear, everything on my table was fondled more than Anna Nicole's tits. I heard parking was a problem but not for me (what barricade?), and the outdoor flea market was a joke. Oh I also heard HamCom's going to be at the Plano Centre for the next 4 years! Hoooray

Thanks to JohnWayne for the pictures. You missed the old lady with the button that said "When in doubt, Eat out". <<shudder>> But this one is my favorite - the security guard sleeping at the back door:

Here Bryan, here's the dinner pic you wanted:
L-R: Gerry, tvsjr, motorola_otaku, Victor Xray, truckslug, mam1081 & XYL, Curran, and JohnWayne
truckslug
H98UCH9PW7AN

Post by truckslug »

What a sorry lot of hams. Looks like a casting call for Deliverance II. Ooops, that's me in the back, isn't it?
truckslug - run hot, do naught!