HamCom 2007 - Plano, TX

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

blugu64
102490-000000-1

Post by blugu64 »

n0xmz wrote:
blugu64 wrote:Well guys as Murphy would have it, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this weekend. The car broke down a couple days ago, and my mechanic can't seem to get the timing belt properly installed. Either way I'll post here if it turns out I can make it; but sadly I'm not hopeful.
Now that's a lousy excuse. Heard of DART? If you like, I can pick your sorry ass up. You are in the metromess, right? I think I'll be headed to the 'fest in the morning some time. :baby:
Well it turns out I made it out there for an hour and a half in the AM. I still wouldn't have been able to make dinner; but next time hamsexy gets together in the DFW area I'll be sure to be there.
rdwilson
MOT1

Re: HamCom

Post by rdwilson »

kv5e wrote:VX, tvsjr, et al, Great to see you all in Plano and while it was not quite as bad as previous years there was still some annealed and case-hardened bromodrosis at the PCC! :baby:

kv5e
eeeew! :not worthy:

"Bromodrosis [Fetid or foul smelling perspiration, G. bromos, a stench, + hidrosis, perspiration], or body odor, is the unpleasant smell caused by the mixing of perspiration, body chemicals, and bacteria on the skin. Sweat is normally an odorless body secretion. Bacteria multiply on the skin and break down toxic secretions resulting in chemicals having a strong and disagreeable odor. This odor is often due to poor personal hygiene, but excessive perspiration or some other underlying diseases and/or infections can also be involved.

A body odor that is 'mousy' occurs with phenylketonuria, and accumulation of phenylalanine and its metabolites, which can produce brain damage resulting in severe mental retardation as a congential genetic deficiency.

A body odor with a 'sweaty feet' smell is known as isovaleric acidemia, a disorder of leucine metabolism characterized by the excessive production of isovaleric acid upon protein ingestion or during infectious episodes. A uriniferous (urine-like) odor is indicative of a festering fistula."
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

Well, I survived. Fun times shakin' hands with you guys and meeting new folks, and kudos to the guys who scored on the Decibel sexiness. I only walked out with a 2-bay VHF dipole array, a high-power flat duplexer, and *gasp* a UHF Visar.

So where's the pictures, guys? I know Scott got a few. :baby:
My pic of the dinner meet will be up tonight.
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
Victor Xray
DAYTON 2006/2007 SUPPORTER

Post by Victor Xray »

Dinner was great - seeing everyone & bullshitting was more fun :ham: :baby:

Sure, DFW has its share of OF hams, but the good news from Craig's presentation and the D-Star forums is that change is not only coming, but it is being embraced. It's just a matter of how quickly ALL hams will adopt.....

I know Josh & Scott have some good pictures -- let's see 'em!
There's nothing more permanent than a temporary solution.
n0xmz
98247E-011400-8
What radios do you own?: IC-725, IC-706MK2G, IC-207, /\/\ Spectra 900 x 2, IC-T7H.

Post by n0xmz »

Josh - post the pic of us in the restaurant and I'll put it on the front page. I'll put mine up tonight.
www.n0xmz.com
www.scottbomb.com
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

l-r: n0xmz, mam1081, mam1081's g/f Leah, VX, Curran (KD5UXO, claims to be a HS/BL lurker), me

Scott, I PMed you a larger version for the front page.
va3wxm
98247E-011480-1

Post by va3wxm »

Alright, way to slip in the shocker! :mjban:
mam1081

Post by mam1081 »

motorola_otaku wrote:Image

l-r: n0xmz, mam1081, mam1081's g/f Leah, VX, Curran (KD5UXO, claims to be a HS/BL lurker), me

Scott, I PMed you a larger version for the front page.
Too bad the VHF whip is in the way of "It is just me or is this place a festival of idiots?"

:anus:
n0xmz
98247E-011400-8
What radios do you own?: IC-725, IC-706MK2G, IC-207, /\/\ Spectra 900 x 2, IC-T7H.

Post by n0xmz »

Very nice laides posed for us with their dad.

Victor Xray peddling his wares in the flea market. Otaku and his sidekick are also present.

More pics coming as time permits...

Thanks for the pic Josh. Front page has been updated.
KB9SXK
98245C-001400-5

Post by KB9SXK »

n0xmz wrote:Image

Very nice laides posed for us with their dad.
My home town hammy store! :ham:
"I'm with the government, I'm here to help you"

VE6HBD:
"I would have killed for a bear with a working asshole."

W2WTF:
"shut your fat arrogant yankee horses rear up and keep your opinions to yourself."
Victor Xray
DAYTON 2006/2007 SUPPORTER

Post by Victor Xray »

KB9SXK wrote:My home town hammy store! :ham:
So offer up some stalker photos of those girls :baby:
There's nothing more permanent than a temporary solution.