Gaithersburg

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

resqguy
H98UCH9PW7AN

Gaithersburg

Post by resqguy »

So, WTF? Is it gone forever? No more FAR Fest?
ka8ypy
Administrator

Post by ka8ypy »

No not gone forever, just for this year.

After we got fu&ked by the fairgrounds on parking at the last minute last year, that pretty much sealed the deal on not going back. That little last minute "oh by the way" cost us about $1200 in real money(didn't make enough to cover the bills) and another $3k -$6k in estimated funds (what we should have made on a reasonable to outstanding attendance).

We went in search of a new location for 2008 with no luck for the same date (weekend after Labor Day). So now we are looking at one of two ideas.

1. Change the date entirely and make it a spring/early summer hamfest so we aren't betting our budget on an event in the 3rd quarter of the year.

2. Keep it on the same weekend/date and make it a tailgate only event in a large parkinglot somewhere (i.e. Laurel horse track).

3. A combination of the two, several tailgate only events spaced out about three months apart and in different locations around the great Washington/Baltimore area.

For those those of you that have been the hanfest and supported us, I encourage any and all ideas.

Thanks,
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade