FRIENDS DON't LET FRIENDS BUY YAESU

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

ricker
MOT1

Re: FRIENDS DON't LET FRIENDS BUY YAESU

Post by ricker »

KC9GJC wrote:I have a first production run FT-100 that I bought last Christmas. It was kind of my motivator to upgrade my license.

I went and passed the General test, came back home, and the receiver was dead. Nothing on AM or SSB. FM still works, so I guess I have a really expensive dual band rig now.

...it worked pretty nice while it still worked, though.

The only problem my ft-100 ever had was the display, soldered the damn thing in and it works like a charm and Ive had it in the car for about 8 years now.

My 1000 MP MKV has never given me one bit of trouble, or Syd's Yaesu mobile. When I had an FT-817, it worked good, sold it to a friend and he blew out the finals in it.. LOL. Have the FT-450 now too, nice radio, with firmware updates! (use it on 6 alot).
BlakJak
98245C-001400-5

Post by BlakJak »

I have an FT8900R.

viewtopic.php?p=156974#p156974

Also an FT-50R which is 10 years old this year. Hasn't missed a beat.

I dare say there's exceptions to every rule but I havnt found a reason to be quite so 'strong minded' about Yaesu yet...
de ZL1VMF, Auckland, New Zealand.
http://www.blakjak.net
milehigher

Post by milehigher »

I have an FT 530 that is 26 years old and still going , I have a 10 yr old VX 5 , and an FT 8900 that's about 10 also , but yaesu has a bad habit of being a PIA about programming , I have a bunch of icom stuff , but the screens suck , but now Kenwood is heaven my 710 GA & 74 A are awesome so easy to program a toddler could do it and the displays are awesome, I want a mobile version of the 74a and then life will be awesome.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
burner50
102490-000000-1

Post by burner50 »

Holy shit... This has to be about the worst case of Necroposting I've found in awhile.
milehigher

Post by milehigher »

Resuscitation

BlakJak
98245C-001400-5

Post by BlakJak »

BlakJak wrote:I have an FT8900R.

viewtopic.php?p=156974#p156974

Also an FT-50R which is 10 years old this year. Hasn't missed a beat.

I dare say there's exceptions to every rule but I havnt found a reason to be quite so 'strong minded' about Yaesu yet...
I love the term Necroposting!

But a useful reminder to myself that my FT50 is now 19 years old. Still goes. :)
The FT8900R must be 12 years old. It's lost a knob now (still no idea how it happened) but still goes fine.
de ZL1VMF, Auckland, New Zealand.
http://www.blakjak.net
milehigher

Post by milehigher »

Never had a 50 but actually the 51 R was like my 3 handheld after I got my ticket , and although I have collected a metric tons of radios over the years I been feeling very nostalgic and looking to buy another 51 R if I can find one that's not beat to crap and at a decent price , after that I bought the 11R another awesome radio, I dropped it during a snowball fight , without knowing it , and heard a crunch as I backed over it , destroyed the display but I have the mic with a second display on it and continued using for another 4 years that way .I have almost every radio I ever bought except the 51 & 11 R , I use a Kenwood 74A currently , nice tri Bander that doesn't really get much use because we have 2 2 meter machines 1 70 cm and 0 220 but I can use it if I ever go somewhere with 220 LOL , I mostly brought it because I wanted dstar and APRS in one rig .
I wonder why this place is a ghost town ? I actually found it by accident.