Wed. Night Net

Discussion of internet radio linking, and other similar things.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

N5OSU
No post too old... no topic too irrelevant.... I'll bump them all...Formerly K0DEN
What radios do you own?: XPR7550, XTS5000, TM281
DMR TG3140

Wed. Night Net

Post by N5OSU »

I would love to attend the Wed net, but as far as i know, the only echolink Repeater in Aurora is exclusive access only. I might be wrong...its been known to happen. how hard is it to set up my own Echolink node?
K8TEK: Get out there and jiggle more doorknobs and quit screwing around!
KI4IHC
Dayton 2007 Supporter

Post by KI4IHC »

Wed night net is on IRLP - not echolink. I wish that it was available on echolink, however. I don't know of any IRLP nodes in my area, but echolink is everywhere.
N5OSU
No post too old... no topic too irrelevant.... I'll bump them all...Formerly K0DEN
DMR TG3140

Post by N5OSU »

sorry i meant IRLP
K5MLK
14249C-001400-8

Post by K5MLK »

KI4IHC wrote:Wed night net is on IRLP - not echolink. I wish that it was available on echolink, however. I don't know of any IRLP nodes in my area, but echolink is everywhere.
K5MLK-L, which is Node #207801. Read, son. :baby:
-Matt, K5MLK
K5MLK
14249C-001400-8

Re: Wed. Night Net

Post by K5MLK »

K0DEN wrote:I would love to attend the Wed net, but as far as i know, the only echolink Repeater in Aurora is exclusive access only. I might be wrong...its been known to happen. how hard is it to set up my own Echolink node?
Just download echolink from http://www.echolink.org and use your computer speakers/microphone. No need to set up your own IRLP... Unless you want to, which it'd be about $150 for the board, you gotta have a computer to dedicate to it, internet access, and build and interface to a link radio.

If you want free - just download echolink from the site.
-Matt, K5MLK
N5OSU
DMR TG3140

Post by N5OSU »

i have the echolink program, i dont have access to IRLP
K5MLK
14249C-001400-8

Re: Wed. Night Net

Post by K5MLK »

K8TEK wrote:
K5MLK wrote:
K0DEN wrote:I would love to attend the Wed net, but as far as i know, the only echolink Repeater in Aurora is exclusive access only. I might be wrong...its been known to happen. how hard is it to set up my own Echolink node?
Just download echolink from http://www.echolink.org and use your computer speakers/microphone. No need to set up your own IRLP... Unless you want to, which it'd be about $150 for the board, you gotta have a computer to dedicate to it, internet access, and build and interface to a link radio.

If you want free - just download echolink from the site.
Last time I checked it was $85 for the board. The software is available for free on the website.
$150 is the amount of the board, software, and shipping to the U.S. from Dave. But yes, software is free. So it'd be $85 plus shipping if you went that route.
-Matt, K5MLK