echoling using motorola wrt850g router

Discussion of internet radio linking, and other similar things.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

n3jfw
Administrator
Administrator

echoling using motorola wrt850g router

Post by n3jfw »

need some help guys
wb4bsd

Post by wb4bsd »

"EchoLink requires that your router or firewall allow inbound and outbound UDP to destination ports 5198 and 5199, and outbound TCP to port 5200. Source ports are dynamically assigned. If you are using a home-network router, you will also need to configure the router to "forward" UDP ports 5198 and 5199 to the PC on which EchoLink is running.

This can be summarized as:

Allow UDP (source port any, destination ports 5198-5199) from Internet to PC
Allow UDP (source port any, destination ports 5198-5199) from PC to Internet
Allow TCP (source port any, destination port 5200) from PC to Internet

The information above applies to every situation, regardless of the type of equipment and software you are using. If the information below does not help you solve the problem, please consult your equipment's documentation, or contact the manufacturer for support, and provide them with the information above."
Rusty
WB4BSD
IRLP Node 4739 Owner
Coded General Class Hammy
n3jfw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by n3jfw »

wb4bsd wrote:"EchoLink requires that your router or firewall allow inbound and outbound UDP to destination ports 5198 and 5199, and outbound TCP to port 5200. Source ports are dynamically assigned. If you are using a home-network router, you will also need to configure the router to "forward" UDP ports 5198 and 5199 to the PC on which EchoLink is running.

The information above applies to every situation, regardless of the type of equipment and software you are using. If the information below does not help you solve the problem, please consult your equipment's documentation, or contact the manufacturer for support, and provide them with the information above."
I know, i can read rusty.

Just having trouble finding it.
W1NAU
102480-000000-3

Post by W1NAU »

Log onto your router setup (192.168.1.1 or whatever your address is). Go under applications and gaming ( a purple tab at the top) and click on "port range forward" . You should be good from there.
n5ksk
102490-000000-1

Post by n5ksk »

On the motorolas you have to set up the ports in forwarding and open them on the firewall.

They make a tight router. On my link (now dead again) I had to assign a static IP to keep everything working.
wb4bsd

Post by wb4bsd »

n3jfw wrote:
wb4bsd wrote:"EchoLink requires that your router or firewall allow inbound and outbound UDP to destination ports 5198 and 5199, and outbound TCP to port 5200. Source ports are dynamically assigned. If you are using a home-network router, you will also need to configure the router to "forward" UDP ports 5198 and 5199 to the PC on which EchoLink is running.

I know, i can read rusty.

Just having trouble finding it.
Ok! Didnt know what kind of help you needed. On my linksys, i type 192.168.1.1 in my browers URL field and the setup screen pops up. I think the default password is admin with no username.
Rusty
WB4BSD
IRLP Node 4739 Owner
Coded General Class Hammy