Recommended SIP Providers?

Discussion of internet radio linking, and other similar things.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

KG6EAQ
DAYTON 2006/2007 SUPPORTER

Post by KG6EAQ »

I've got Broadvoice setup here at the house. It's allright, the quality is so-so and the tech support is non existant. I'd only recommend it because of it's price.
-Robert F
Remember son, you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave when it's over.
kd5wyu
102480-000000-3

Post by kd5wyu »

I'd assume you're using *, correct?

If you are, look for providers that support IAX (Inter Asterisk eXchange) as that makes it MUCH easier to work with.

Also, avoid Broadvoice. I've heard nothing but bad about them. Support is non-existent and it's easier to cancel AOL than them.
KG6EAQ
DAYTON 2006/2007 SUPPORTER

Post by KG6EAQ »

kd5wyu wrote: Also, avoid Broadvoice. I've heard nothing but bad about them. Support is non-existent and it's easier to cancel AOL than them.
Not so true on the cancellation, a charge back on the card a while back got their attention real quick! I pay them $12/mo for unlimited calling instate which I put up to 200 minutes a day on so it's much cheaper than anything else. As long as you can fix your own problems you'll be allright.
-Robert F
Remember son, you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave when it's over.