Remote controled radio

Discussion of internet radio linking, and other similar things.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

KG4BMK
MOT1

Remote controled radio

Post by KG4BMK »

I have an echolink station set up and would like to turn it into a remote base. Does anyone know of a way to control a vhf radio over the internet?
What i want to be able to do is change the freq. via the internet. Any help you can give will be greatly apreciated!
G1LVN
H98UCH9PW7AN
Location: I had an accident, and I woke up in forums.hamsexy.com. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time?

Post by G1LVN »

Echolink doesn't work like that I'm afraid. All you can do remotely (via echolink web server) is send an Ident or link your echolink station to another station (or conference)

see:

http://g1lvn. ham-radio-op.net/

user:test
pwd:test

for a demo of the remote control of my node

if you connect via echolink on your PC your speech is relayed out on what ever Freq the rig is set too (plus any stations it is connected to if you allow conferencing). If you want you can set a password to only allow you to remotely connect to it either by web for control or Echolink PC clienct for audio.
My Call is M0WWS. I had an accident,
and I woke up in uk.radio.amateur.
Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time?
KG4BMK
MOT1

Post by KG4BMK »

Yes i understand that but im looking for a something else to use that will make it posible to control the radio. I know its possible i just dont know where to find the software.