Another Salem repeater assn. fest

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

goondaddy
142490-000000-7

Another Salem repeater assn. fest

Post by goondaddy »

Feb. 14, guess they think all hams are homely and lonely?

http://www.w7sra.com/
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done. -George Carlin
KE7JFF
98247E-011400-8

Re: Another Salem repeater assn. fest

Post by KE7JFF »

I might be saving my moeny and instead heading to Puyallup in March.
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue www.mwave.org
Keeping the wackers out of SAR since 1990!
escomm
professor of rectalingus

Post by escomm »

I'd hit it so hard you'd have to be to King of England to pull me out
FatherJack
98247E-011480-1

Post by FatherJack »

Wow, just wow...... they make it sound almost 'fun'. Question = Does Polk Sallet come from Polk County?
It's the end of our hobby as we know it and I feel fine.
goondaddy
142490-000000-7

Post by goondaddy »

Uhm, yeah, the last one was a real "Gas", something about a crop of "larger" hams, gorging themselves on chili and onions really has a tendency to irritate the hell out of one's olfactory senses, not to mention that half of those ol fellers were an all-out assault on the senses at 9am. I just blaze through the joint a time or two, and gtfo, and most of the folks there are asking today's prices for yesterday's gear. F'-em.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done. -George Carlin
n7maq

Post by n7maq »

goondaddy wrote:Uhm, yeah, the last one was a real "Gas", something about a crop of "larger" hams, gorging themselves on chili and onions really has a tendency to irritate the hell out of one's olfactory senses, not to mention that half of those ol fellers were an all-out assault on the senses at 9am. I just blaze through the joint a time or two, and gtfo, and most of the folks there are asking today's prices for yesterday's gear. F'-em.

It was worse with the big back door closed this time. I swear some of those guys shit from one end of the building to the next. Most of them stop bathing a week ahead of time also, the smell of swamp ass is too much.
KE7JFF
98247E-011400-8

Post by KE7JFF »

Well, historically speaking, February has been the better of the two fests there as my understanding.

I have the most un-sensitive noise, so I can't comment on the smell of people. :ham:

But again, I think I will save my money for a trek up to Pullayup just because there's better yields for well anything and I haven't been up there yet.
goondaddy
142490-000000-7

Post by goondaddy »

Swamp ass.... N7MAQ Has gotten himself the "Understatement of the year" award, this year's winner gets himself a case of Febreeze!!!!!

As for the Feb. fest, I'll most likely make an appearance, I'll have a couple of friends there, as for the puke-it-up Wa. fest., not sure yet.....

Kinda depends on when and where, I suppose, as much as I loathe the occupants of that state, it may deter my entry thereto.
goondaddy
142490-000000-7

Post by goondaddy »

Moving this back up the list.... (As if anyone really gives a damn...)
goondaddy
142490-000000-7

Post by goondaddy »

Ok, just for giggles, I'll be there, monitoring 146.495 67hz. KE7SZC

N7MAQ, KE7JFF, look me up if you go.
n7maq

Post by n7maq »

goondaddy wrote:Ok, just for giggles, I'll be there, monitoring 146.495 67hz. KE7SZC

N7MAQ, KE7JFF, look me up if you go.
67Hz, fuck that analog stuff. 147.540 NAC 293. You can hear me talking to myself.. Actually there will be a few more than just me, the Eugene crew always has a bunch of Racals to chat on.

Bill, I don't know where my table is but drop by when you see me.

Jim
goondaddy
142490-000000-7

Post by goondaddy »

Well now.... Someone forgot to put a Racal in my stocking.... So... FUCK THAT DIGITAL SHIT!!!!!

Anyhow, I'll see you there, my friend, supposed to have Rusty, Jason, and Louann with me, I may just drive a seperate rig so I can hang out until the chili is served. I'll be gone before the first bean is chewed.
KE7JFF
98247E-011400-8

Post by KE7JFF »

I'm still up in the air if I really need to go. Might depend if I win this eBay auction on an MTS2000 or not.
goondaddy
142490-000000-7

Post by goondaddy »

Ahh jeez man, don't be a bitch, you know you wanna go. Even if you're broke, good friends, and a bowl of chili!!!!! :anus:

Either way, Sea-pac is right around the bend, I'm sure I'll see ya there.

L8r.