Timonium Hamfest March 27 - 28

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

ka8ypy
Administrator

Timonium Hamfest March 27 - 28

Post by ka8ypy »

Timonium Hamfest
Saturday March 27, Tailgate starts at 0600 indoors 0800 - 1600
Sunday March 28, Tailgate starts at 0600 indoors 0800 - 1400.

Maryland State Fairgrounds, Timonium, MD

$6 per day/ $10 for both.

I will be there on Saturday (going to the ARES meeting at 1500)

Who else?
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade
ab3ju
102480-000000-3

Re: Timonium Hamfest March 27 - 28

Post by ab3ju »

I'll be there, possibly volunteering, definitely looking for a good deal on an autotuner to compliment the TS-830S I just picked up.
K0KDS
14249C-000400-0

Post by K0KDS »

Damn, a two-day hamfest. I don't think we have those around these parts.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

K0KDS wrote:Damn, a two-day hamfest. I don't think we have those around these parts.

In western NC, we have two of them within about 40 miles of each other. One in the middle of March (Charlotte) and another on Labor Day weekend (Shelby) for the last 50ish years.

The Shelby hamfest actually has people show up a weekend ahead to setup their motorhomes. I think it was estimated to bring $1 mil into the local economy a couple years ago before it moved to a better location.
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Post by KG4CGC »

Mong wrote:
K0KDS wrote:Damn, a two-day hamfest. I don't think we have those around these parts.

In western NC, we have two of them within about 40 miles of each other. One in the middle of March (Charlotte) and another on Labor Day weekend (Shelby) for the last 50ish years.

The Shelby hamfest actually has people show up a weekend ahead to setup their motorhomes. I think it was estimated to bring $1 mil into the local economy a couple years ago before it moved to a better location.
Oh, and why so ever did Shelby move Master Mong?
Hamsexy is like peeing your pants.
Everyone can see it but only you feel its true warmth.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
Mong
9A247E-211493-9

Post by Mong »

KG4CGC wrote: Oh, and why so ever did Shelby move Master Mong?

The woman who was hired to run the fairgrounds wanted to more than double the price and give them half the area they have used for years. They requested to meet and negotiate and she basically ignored them and left them with a take it or leave it attitude.

Too bad she didn't realize that she actually had an event that brought so many people in on a holiday weekend that would usually send the locals to a vacation destination. Gaston County (and Dallas) likes having an extra 8,000-12,000 people coming into the area for the weekend.

Women, first we let them wear shoes and pants, then we let them run businesses into the ground :baby:
I'll take a warm midget fart over a cold beer any day
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8
Location: Way Down South, Redneckville, South Carolina, red clay district, The Buckle of The Bible Belt, EM84

Post by KG4CGC »

Yes, and not to mention how much she wanted to add to the bill just on the insurance policy that she wanted them to buy. The Star,Cleveland's local paper, touted her as a woman who left her mark wherever she goes. That was before the Hamfest debacle.
But then you get old and pee in your pants while wizzing around in you hamabout.
KG4CGC
98247E-011400-8

Post by KG4CGC »

Fffake Edit :mjban:
I believe she was hired as City Manager because City Council was really pushing to make the place a real "Tourist" destination. Get there at 9am, by 1pm you've done everything there is to do there. Should have left the local charm alone instead of trying to change the place to that woman's dysfunctional personality.