I scored a few of these but have no idea...

Forum for the promotion and understanding of digital voice on the amateur bands.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

WTF
9A247E-211493-9

I scored a few of these but have no idea...

Post by WTF »

What they might be compatible with. There were cheap so I figured, what the hell...

http://www.zastone.com/EN/Upload/2013-8 ... T-9908.pdf
Q: What is red and orange and looks good on a politician?
A: FIRE!!

"Yea we eat grits in South Carolina, so what? You fools here eat that Skyline Chili junk. I'll keep the grits..."
ka8ypy
Administrator

Re: I scored a few of these but have no idea...

Post by ka8ypy »

Look s like they are DMR radios, might be compatible on a basic level with MOTOTRBO.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

Well they'll be here later this week, I'll run them over to the shop and do some quick comparisons. I figurd 50 for a pair, then why the fuck not? They can live on the shelf with the 220mhz baofung.

"Yea we eat grits in South Carolina, so what? You fools here eat that Skyline Chili junk. I'll keep the grits..."
XTS3000
102480-000000-3

Post by XTS3000 »

800mW audio output seems reasonable, let us know how the audio quality is. Like an interesting radio....
vxo
14249C-001400-8
What radios do you own?: YoMama Mark II

Post by vxo »

dPMR not DMR. It's possible they may be compatible with the Yaesu digital ham gear that showed up, there's suspicion that also speaks dPMR.

I've been researching dPMR a bit as of late, it seems promising EXCEPT... there's a wide variety of incompatible voice codecs lurking around. there are also some neat looking radios for it though! http://hamgear.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/kirisun.png
Tom, KG4CYX - RF and RF Accessories.
Opinions expressed within are not necessarily those of anyone else.

@FakeAPStyleBook Also, which is correct: "Amateur radio", "Ham radio", or otherwise?
@VXO: "Amateur radio" and "ham radio" may be referred to as "nobody's listening."
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

While I can't speak to this specific Kirisun model, their others are essentially welfare Baofengs. Or to put it another way, they'd be right at home in Harbor Freight.

Yaesu had one of their "C$FM FDMA" radios on display at HamCom. There was no accompanying documentation, ad slicks, or anything in the way of support. Wish I'd had a waveform analyzer handy because it definitely is not speaking P25 or TRBO.
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
Wowbagger
98247E-011400-8

Post by Wowbagger »

[quote="motorola_otaku"Yaesu had one of their "C$FM FDMA" radios on display at HamCom. There was no accompanying documentation, ad slicks, or anything in the way of support. Wish I'd had a waveform analyzer handy because it definitely is not speaking P25 or TRBO.[/quote]

Probably NXDN.
These opinions are mine, not Aeroflex's - if you want service info, manual, or other official support please contact Aeroflex directly.
WTF
9A247E-211493-9

Post by WTF »

The radios work well, they have good audio in both analog and digital modes. They have 32 bit encryption on the digital side as well. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. As for build quality, they feel much sturdier than a Baofeng or Wuxoun. They're pretty stout for their size.

smokeybehr
98247E-211491-4

Post by smokeybehr »

You got the sauce for the sale page? I might want to get a pair for the waifu and I to talk off the usual channels.
mong wrote: If you are a chick, show us your tits
If you're a dude, show rayray your tits