Anyone go to Marshall Michigan Hamfest?

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

Wardriver
Moderator - Dayton 2006/2007 Supporter

Anyone go to Marshall Michigan Hamfest?

Post by Wardriver »

Had to over 300 :ham: there at one time.
Could hardly fricking walk around the place.

Which leads me to this question:"Do them fuckers really need there motorized rascals to haul there fat ass around?"

I consider myself a decent polite guy..........But I lost it today when some fat bastard in his mid 20's to boot clogged up the hall way with his "MODIFIED EXTRA LARGE" Shit hauler!!

That fucker was in my way every where I went!!!!!

Then I saw him walking like a Gazelle all around the concession stand.
Then I asked him, When we was going to try out for the Celtics,and kicked his rear basket of shit on his cart!

Sorry for the rant and rave,but just had to get that off my chest!
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" --Winston Churchill
KC8RYW

Post by KC8RYW »

Nope, I didn't go.

Gas to too expensive, and I am too poor to buy anything anyway. :whiner:

I caught up with some sleep that I really needed-- It's been a long week.

I'm not going to the Toledo HamFest this weekend either.
AB9JV
hamsexy's 'ol dirty bastard

Post by AB9JV »

I heard some guys talking about the Marshal fest. Since I couldn't figure where Marshal was, I decided it was too far to drive.

Wardriver, how was the fest, other than trouble with the "scooter guy"?
There were 300 today? Wow. Hope you had your noseplugs. :baby:

Lenny
Wardriver

Post by Wardriver »

Well Lenny,
Other then the Modified Scooter Slob,it went really good.
Talked with a pal on 80 meter last night and last count was over 850 tickets sold!! One of the biggest yet.

Saw allot of overpriced junk(typical as you well know) Nose plugs could have helped,but it did smell like old musty radio crap added to the smell of :ham: 's .

Been going to Marshall for well over 20 years now and this was one of the biggest thus far.Sad to see so many Vendors fall by the way-side over the years.

I went a friend whom is BLACK, an just moved here form California tagged along with me.

He was stopped at the door and a old "Stinker" whom told him there was no 11 meter amps being sold this year..........Boy did that piss him off.

He told the old bastard that he was an Extra class and was looking for Viking parts to finish his Restoration.
He wanted to beat his ass,but I calmed him down...Ha

You should plan on going next year,if you can.
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" --Winston Churchill
KC8RYW

Post by KC8RYW »

I'll have to remember to attend the Marshall Hamfest next year.

The only ham swaps I've been to in Michigan are Chelsea one (which was OK, I guess)... the Jackson one (which sucked) and the Livonia ARC one (which sucked too.)
Wardriver

Post by Wardriver »

RYW, I'll buy ya a beer next year!

de:war
AB9JV
hamsexy's 'ol dirty bastard

Post by AB9JV »

Wardriver..

Wow, I can't believe it. Stopping a black guy at the door and saying that there are no 11M amps being sold.

I think that guy (at the door) should be forced to attend one of those boring "sensitivity training seminars" just for punishment, what a dick.

Lenny