Sussex NJ

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

JAYMZ
gangster of love

Sussex NJ

Post by JAYMZ »

http://www.hamsexy.com/cms/?p=406

Polar_rescue and I with a few snapshots of the Sussex County NJ Hamfest.
richard
DAYTON 2006/2007 SUPPORTER

Post by richard »

Was it worth going? I couldn't muster up the nerve to drag myself out of bed this morning to drive all the way out there.
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

Is that part of a Centracom console in the background of the 2nd pic?
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
VE9MP
98247E-011480-1

Post by VE9MP »

motorola_otaku wrote:Is that part of a Centracom console in the background of the 2nd pic?
Certainly looks like it, but I could be wrong, its been awhile since I've dicked with anything besides a Gold Elite... :baby:
Nick
richard
DAYTON 2006/2007 SUPPORTER

Post by richard »

motorola_otaku wrote:Is that part of a Centracom console in the background of the 2nd pic?
I can't believe you noticed that... I was mesmerized by the light bending properties of those coke bottle glasses.
motorola_otaku
Cock Block

Post by motorola_otaku »

richard wrote:
I can't believe you noticed that... I was mesmerized by the light bending properties of those coke bottle glasses.
Said glasses were attached to a fat male; ergo they didn't get more than a passing glance. :baby:
And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside.
JAYMZ
gangster of love

Post by JAYMZ »

I looked at that. And no it was not a centracom. I forget the manufacturer but it was more if a Zetron knockoff than anything. at last years Sussex fest there was a guy that had some first generation Centracoms, but no CEB or cables... NUTIN.

And the fest wasn't too bad. Anything that was worth buying there was priced higher than I had cash... so I ended up walking away empty handed. A buddy of mine went there looking for a micrpphone and mic clip but walked away with a pcket knife... go figure.
kb2fcv
14249C-000400-0

Post by kb2fcv »

My wife and I were there for the hamfest. There seemed to be more sellers than buyers. I wish I had brought the camera for some of the people I saw there. 'Umbrella Head' dude definitely got some strange looks. Did anyone there catch the guy with black short shorts, a man purse and a white nylon jacket (with no shirt on underneath) only barely zippered at the bottom. He looked like maybe he took a shower last year. Yes, that image is burned into my retinas still..
James KB2FCV
kb2fcv
14249C-000400-0

Post by kb2fcv »

Forgot to add... the Sussex fairgrounds also had an American Indian 'Pow-Wow' going on the same weekend. Allot of mixing of crowds. Some of the bikers there looked at us kind of strange. I will say they had some great food over there - better than just the choice of hamburgers / hot dogs at the hamfest. They had Venison sausage and some other great stuff.
James KB2FCV