Sussex NJ Show, July 10th.

A place to post info about local hamfests.

Moderator: Global Moderator Team

Station House Products
142490-000000-7

Sussex NJ Show, July 10th.

Post by Station House Products »

I'll be at this show so if any of yall' are going, drop by and shoot the shit for a while. Sodas will be on ice (Sorry, they don't allow beer here. Must be afraid of a bunch of drunk angry hams hagling over prices!)

July 10th, Sunday - The Sussex County ARC Hamfest - Augusta, New Jersey. 8:00 a.m. at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. Directions: From Rt. 80. Take Rt. 15N Approx. 20 Miles then Rt. 206N 1 Mile, Make Right on Plains Rd. - go approx. 1/4 mile - Fairgrounds will be on your Right - follow signs. Talk-in: 147.90- rpt; 146.52 simplex. Admission:$5. Tailgate spaces: $16. Exhibition building spaces: $15. Overnight camping: $15 -you can setup at 6:00 p.m. Saturday. For more information and advance indoor registration contact: [email protected] . Confirmed for 2005
Chuck Pranski

Station House Products
(570)491-4000

Authorized dealer for: Whelen, Code 3, Sho-Me, Alerte Systems, Streamlight, Jotto Desk, Chieftain, Boston Leather, Phenix Fire Helmets and the list keeps growing!
Gibbonboy

There

Post by Gibbonboy »

We always go to Sussex, not sure why. I've gotten a couple deals there, but not many. Will keep an eye out for you.
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of CW keys cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."
Station House Products
142490-000000-7

Well, we found out we will be inside on a corner location with 2 spots. The fest pens around 7:30 am, so if anyone wants to come by and say hi, myself Jaymz and (most likely) PJ will be there.
Chuck Pranski

Station House Products
(570)491-4000

Authorized dealer for: Whelen, Code 3, Sho-Me, Alerte Systems, Streamlight, Jotto Desk, Chieftain, Boston Leather, Phenix Fire Helmets and the list keeps growing!
Gibbonboy

Post by Gibbonboy »

Went, saw Chuck, shook his hand, and like an idiot, walked away without telling him who I was. He had lots of :wacker::wacker::wacker: lights, might have stunned me or something.
Other than that, no severely noteworthy hamsexiness, a few pairs of shorts up under chins, several military radio bearers who would most likely wet themselves when a firecracker went off, etc.
One noteworthy example of America's finest was the guy in the RACES shirt- RACES was spelled vertically, with all of the words spelled out: Radio Amature Civil Emergency Service- spelled exactly like that. Guess no one proofread his t-shirt design. No pictures, no one worth photographing except "the amature"
Did see Bob Heil at the KJI booth- very cool- a man who doesn't mince words about his products and the competition. I was definitely impressed by his obvious fervor and knowledge about microphones.
Bought very little, some fittings and an Arrow 4 el yagi. See you all at the next one.
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of CW keys cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."
Station House Products
142490-000000-7

Nah, we wouldn't have stunned you, but we would have probably tried selling you something. :baby: As for the hamsexyness, there should be some pics forthcoming from Jaymz. To be honest, there was some ham sexy to be seen. We missed a really good one as the fella left before James arrived with his trusty camera. He had a Subaru station wagon with a LARGE pair of yellow ramps attached to the back so he could drive his Jazzy in and out of the car. TRUELY HAMSEXY!!

One thing that we did notice though, there were ALOT of men that were (intentionally or otherwise) looking like women. Hell, one even had on lipstick and a skirt!!! (One of the local hams made sure to let everyone know that she was a he) On the other side of the coin, there were some not so typical female persuations hanging around the place on Saturday. Again, I'm sure Jaymz has some pics.
Chuck Pranski

Station House Products
(570)491-4000

JAYMZ
gangster of love

Post by JAYMZ »

I submited pix to Bryan over PM... there weren't many usable pictures and I had missed the jazzy and the ramps.

I enjoyed myself. I got rid of some extra "stuff" and put a little cash in my pocket in the process.
JAYMZ

"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." -- Alan Cohen.